We pray that you have been blessed in these summer months and have found opportunities to invest in others. Here are just a few highlights from our summer and prayer requests for the coming weeks. Thank you for your continued prayers and investment in our family and through us to many others!
In our reading and conversations this summer, we have made some interesting connections. One idea is that the current direction of our culture is toward chaos. When God created the heavens and the earth, He organized the space, setting the limits for the heavens, the sea and the earth. Then He filled that space with life and called it good. This is God's work and when we seek Him and desire to honor Him and act wisely, this is our role as well. How are we creating order in our relationships and communities? Are we affirming the order that God has established? How are we fighting the chaos that wants to control our lives and those around us? How are we enabling life to flourish within the good boundaries and limits that God has established? This work is done through solid biblical teaching and practical care for others, but it is also done one moment at a time with one person at a time. Be courageous! Don't give up!
For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:8-9 (ESV)
- Paul will be teaching a group of 20 Polish Christian School teachers tomorrow. This is an opportunity to work with a great group of teachers as they think through the impact of mentoring type strategies in the classroom setting. Paul will be teaching on relational tools and effective assessment practices.
- Ellie begins work at ICSB this week with orientation activities in the elementary department. She will also celebrate an important birthday next week!
- Silas and Timothy are enjoying games, books, projects during their last few days of summer.
- We have had some great visits from old friends including a former ECA student. It is incredible to see how God has been working in their lives and using them to bless others.
- Paul still has a lot of work in preparation for SLC at the end of September. This year he leads 2 conferences with the ACSI team, each with about 200 participants in consecutive weeks.
- Please pray for many schools including ICSB and our friends in Spain at ECA and LIFE school as they complete preparations for the school year!
- Please pray for us as we continue to invest in our church family. Paul is leading music more often and we will begin The Art of Parenting course for a small group on September 22.
- Please pray for spiritual depth and maturity in each of us and our relationships and conversations. We want others to see God's love and truth at work in our lives each day!
- It has been really refreshing to be at home here in Hungary in the summer months. This has given us valuable time as a family, a week of camping and a much needed break from the busy routine of the school year.
- Silas had 1 week of basketball camp at a Christian camp and had a great time. He was the only non-Hungarian and made some good connections.
- We have had wonderful conversations with several couples, especially our friends from Angola as we have been working through the summer with them on intentional parenting material.
- Today, August 20, is Hungary's independence day and marks the end of the summer season. Please pray for this country and its people!
Paul was able to reconnect with our dear friend Andres from the Chamartin church while in Spain last June.
We are so grateful for your investment in us and the work of Christ-centered education in Europe! What are you learning these days? We would love to hear from you through email, Facebook, telephone, FaceTime or any format you prefer!
Giving is possible online through our website. Connect with us on our US phone, 1 239-234-4606 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that Hungary is 6 hours later than Eastern Standard Time ;). Send us a note to request our FaceTime or iMessage contact info. Thank you!
In the Journey of Joy,
Paul, Ellie, Silas & Timothy Madsen
Serving in Europe with RCE International